Not the most fully fleshed-out ideas in the world, but I am convinced of the veracity of these.
- Emacs is a bigger productivity boost for most developers than GitHub Copilot will ever be
- Technical debt is not by itself a problem: it merely worsens already existing problems
- “You can see the computer age everywhere but in the productivity statistics” (Solow’s Paradox)
- Industrial software development has become so complex in its practices that
we can no longer expect innovative software product launches
- in a sense, this follows from Dan McKinley’s metaphor of innovation tokens